A high technology irrigation company that grows and sells out fresh vegetables of high quality to Malawi and outside, sitting on 32-hectare land with16 hectare greenhouses situated in Lumbadzi opposite Kamuzu International airport in Lilongwe.
To be a leading international fresh produce greenhouse farm that partners with our stakeholders to deliver to them and to the community we serve, a professional and innovative product offering to contribute towards the fulfillment of world food demand.
We are looking for a suitable to fill the below position:
PRODUCTION WORK SUPERVISOR
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The Production work supervisor will be responsible for the following but not limited
• Ensure effective use of human power available
• Manage workers and allocate them according to daily work plan
• Ensure that all greenhouse operations like harvesting pruning and trellising of vegetables are done in professional way and timely
• Be accountable of the greenhouse workers operations and be able to identify
• Ensuring quality and safety of products from greenhouses to packing house
• Ensuring that all greenhouses are always dry and clean
• Taking daily register for the production workers and make a follow up
• Monitor the general discipline and conduct of workers.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Diploma in Agriculture from a recognized institution
• At least 2 years working experience in a busy farming institution
• Soundful skills in managing people
• Be able to work under pressure
ATTRIBUTES AND COMPETENCES
• Ability to supervise, manage and lead a team
• Good time management skills
• Ability to take work instructions from the managers and implement them on the ground
• Good in decision making
GBI greenhouse Company is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals are welcome to apply.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Those interested should address their applications letter together with their updated CVs and expected salary, not latter than Tuesday 22nd November, 2022
The Human Resources Manager,
GBI Greenhouse Limited
P.O Box 30375
Or Email us